Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Zoe meets Nanny Kelly

Reality came crashing down on me today when Zoe and I began to prepare for my return to work next week. I have been dreading this for a long time but it was inevitable. I had interviewed Kelly before leaving to go West in April and I offered her the job while we were away. I was relieved when she accepted the job and was looking forward to getting acquainted with her. She is studying nursing at Medger Evers and she is a very sweet girl who is already very fond of Zoe.


Today was kind of a rough day for Zoe. I think she is very tuned into the situation and she senses that things are rapidly changing in our home. She is doing her best to adapt but I know it must be difficult. Kelly is spending the week with us before she goes solo next week. Watching Kelly with Zoe today, I feel even more confident about my choice and am grateful that we are able to provide her with one-on-one care.

I am confident that tomorrow will be a better day and that we all just need the time to adjust to the changes ahead. Let's hope those changes include more time with my precious daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment