Thursday, May 21, 2009

2nd day with Nanny Kelly



So Zoe seems to be adjusting quickly. If only we could be as resilient as our little ones. Zoe, Kelly and I took a nice long walk in the sun. It ended up being about 4 miles. Zoe got to try out her big girl stroller that Great Grandma Dodie got her. It was like riding in a Cadillac and she loved facing forward. The walk gave me the chance to get to know Kelly better. She is a very focused young person and a great choice to look after Zoe.



I have been worried that Zoe would not take a bottle. She really does not take one from me consistently and yesterday she absolutely refused to take one from Kelly, even though she had not eaten in 5 hours. Well, today was a big victory for us. I couldn't help but document the occasion. She took a bottle from Kelly while sitting in her bouncer. My friend Candace told me she had a similar situation with another baby so I felt reassured.

Even though I would love to be the one to stay home with her, I am feeling more settled during this time of transition and I am grateful to all who have helped to guide me safely through the beginning of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment