Monday, December 21, 2009

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

Oh man!!! We got sacked by some snow. I had just finished telling my cousin how the storm wasn't a big deal and that we wouldn't get any major snow until February. Guess I was wrong! Just like every snow in NYC, we love to see it fall but it doesn't take long before it's a mess. So we enjoy it while we can: in the wee hours of the morning as it falls quietly to the ground. These are the moments that turn New Yorkers into picture-taking tourists. I am no different. Hope you enjoy the shots.



We got about a foot of snow.



The drifts were much higher and in spite of an awning over the porch, the snow managed to get on the front steps.


Early morning trek to work


This makes me think of a Batman movie


The snow piled up inside the subway where it fell through the vents on the street


Sixth Avenue and 55th Street



Those Manolos look awfully cozy in that window away from the wet snow

Of course it wasn't that bad. But then again, I wasn't traveling anywhere or working for the Dept. of Sanitation. Let it snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment