Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Scootin Tootin

Zoe is officially a bi-ped. Although she cannot travel unassisted, she can put one foot in front of the other and "walk". The other day she was walking along the chairs at the dining table and all of the sudden, she grabbed this toy cart, pulled herself to standing and started across the room. It BLEW MY MIND! The three videos here show her moving through the living room.










It seems like you wait forever for them to gain control of their bodies. You watch them gradually acquire the skills to move themselves from one place to the next, to get a toy across the room, to come find you. And it really is amazing when it happens. For me, this time right now is teaching me something I will have to remember at every stage of Zoe's life: She is capable of doing more than I realize. I hope she remembers this for herself someday.

1 comment: