Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Laundry Basket Trap

On my days off, I try to get as much done as possible. Zoe really likes to help with the laundry. She will take the clothes in and out of the baskets (albeit after I have folded them) and she is really good at scooting the baskets around the apartment to various locations (finding them is like an adventure).

On this particular day, I was cleaning one of the various messes in the house when I heard Zoe wrestling something in the living room. I turned around to find her with the laundry basket on top of her.

It was all fun and games until...



She couldn't figure out how to get out of her self-imposed prison. I tried to show her but she was getting hysterical (which of course was very funny to me).

Once I was able to free her, you can see she recovered quickly and was off to get into other kinds of mischief.

I'm waiting for the time when watching them get into these predicaments is old. There is just so much to discover and observing how they approach their world is just too much fun. They are amazing little people with such a simple love of most everything around them. As of yet, no one has been able to hold onto this quality to adulthood. I guess I am hoping to achieve the impossible in raising my babies but I'm sure I'll screw it up. Still, I suppose there is no harm in trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment