Monday, May 24, 2010

Daddy Pile!

Zoe is doing so many new things. More words, more movement, and more comedy. Daddy is reaping the benefit of most of these new skills since they all seem to involve him. She has three names for him: Dada, Daddy, and Dad-o. Aaron prefers the latter. She now recognizes the sounds that are made when he comes home. She'll say his name when he's opening the first of three doors. Crazy stuff.

Dad was stretched out on the floor the other night and Zoe took this as an invitation to tackle him repeatedly. It was the funniest thing to listen to her squeal as she smacked his belly and jumped on his chest. Dad would fling her around and tickle her with his scruffy beard.

OH! Right in the zyphoid process!!
(I think it's a real thing)

Get him Zoe! Get him!

Everyone is tired after the tackling

Not so fast. I'm still up for some fun

Time for some kudos for Dad. I just have to say how lucky I am to have such a great husband who engages his daughter and has real respect for her as an individual. I look forward to watching him interact with her and I have such confidence in his ability to meet her needs as she grows into a young woman. I know, not so fast. Let's keep her a baby for as long as possible but given the inevitability of the life cycle, I think he's on the right track and we appreciate his very much.





1 comment:

  1. wonderful update. there is so much magic in joining a little person's interactions with the world. and language is its very own miracle. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete